At PetMedic Hospitals, we believe prevention is the best medicine. Preventative medicine is the cornerstone of our standard of care. Our Wellness Plans include all preventative treatment and testing recommended annually to help prolong the health and happiness of your pet.
Unlimited Free Office Visits (during regular business hours): Free office visits gives you peace of mind. You don’t have to worry if your pet’s symptom or behavior is normal or an indicator of something more serious. Don’t wait and worry about an office visit fee! Let us see your pet as soon as there are any changes because the earlier we can diagnose an issue, the better the treatment options and prognosis.
- Rabies is a viral infection that affects your pet’s brain and central nervous system. It affects all mammals (humans included!) and is always fatal. Rabies vaccine is required by law.
- Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis is a respiratory infection caused by the herpes type 1 virus. Once cats have the virus, it is a lifelong disease that can recur whenever the pet is stressed.
- Feline Calicivirus is an upper respiratory infection which can be severe and sometimes fatal.
- Panleukopenia is a potentially fatal virus that causes severe vomiting and diarrhea like Parvovirus in dogs and is also known as feline distemper.
- Feline Leukemia is a potentially deadly virus that is passed from one cat to another through saliva, blood, and to some extent, urine and feces. Outdoor felines are considered high risk.
FeLV/FIV Test: Both Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) are contagious, untreatable diseases in cats. Diagnosis is important since there is no cure and most treatments involve managing the clinical signs and associated complications due to the suppression of their immune system. Outdoor felines are considered high risk.
Intestinal Fecal Exams: Intestinal parasites can cause serious illness and even death in pets. Some parasites are also zoonotic, which means they can infect humans.
Roundworm/Hookworm Deworming: Preventative care for two of the most common intestinal parasites.
Microchip: Lost dogs are 2.5 times more likely to be reunited with their owners if they are microchipped and lost cats are 20 times more likely to be returned to their owners.
Spay/Neuter Surgery: Spaying greatly reduces the chance of mammary cancer, especially if your pet is spayed before her first estrous cycle and also eliminates the possibility of uterine or ovarian cancer. Spaying/Neutering can also be beneficial to avoid unwanted behavioral issues. Our spay/neuter package includes pre-anesthetic blood work that is run the morning of the procedure to ensure your pet is healthy enough to have their surgery, anesthesia, IV fluids, the spay/neuter surgery itself, as well as injectable pain medication to ensure your pet’s comfort in recovery.
|Unlimited free office visits during regular hours
|Bordetella Oral (1)|
|Heartworm Test (1)|
|Nail Trim (1)|
|Spay/Neuter Surgery (1)|
|Discount (on Non-Wellness Plan Services)||10%|